Alabama homeowners insurance is important to protect you from unforeseen disasters. If your home is struck by lightning or damaged by wind, your policy will pay for damages up to your policy limits. However, there are some disasters that are not normally included in a typical homeowners policy. At Robinson Insurance Group LLC, we want to help you make sure you have the protection you and your family need.
What Kinds of Disasters Are Typically Covered?
Here is a list of natural events that are generally covered:
- Lightning, including the damage resulting from falling tree branches.
- Damage from wind, including secondhand damage by debris.
- House fires, including kitchen fires or fires caused by weather. There are exceptions for criminal acts like arson if you are found to be culpable.
- Wildfires, which could damage the entire property.
- Cold weather-related damage, such as that caused by ice or snow. You may be expected to take action to mitigate harm.
What Kinds Of Disasters Are Not Always Covered?
- Depending on where you live, you may not have protection if there is a hurricane. Some areas are more likely to experience hurricanes, and you need to find out if you are protected.
- Your home may be partially or completely destroyed by an earthquake, even if you do not live near a fault line. Homeowners insurance does not cover earthquakes but may cover some of the resulting damage and temporary living assistance.
- If caused by flooding, water damage is not covered under your standard homeowners’ policy.
We Are Here To Help
If you want to protect your Alabama home from these additional perils, you may be able to purchase additional coverage. Call Robinson Insurance Group today so we can help you assess your risks and help you get the protection you need.