Workers Compensation Information
Accidents happen in the workplace, no matter the precautions you have in place. Workers’ compensation insurance is designed to help cover the costs associated with a work-related injury or illness. Robinson Bryant Agency are ready to help you sort through business insurance, including workers’ compensation insurance benefits. Contact us today to get started.
What Is Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
Workers’ compensation may provide various benefits to employees who experience an injury or illness, including:
- Medical benefits—Employees may receive compensation to cover doctor appointments, hospital visits and medications.
- Wage-loss benefits—If an employee cannot return to work at total capacity, wage-loss benefits may help them supplement their lost income. This benefit may last until the employee has recovered or until the wage-loss benefit limit has been reached.
- Vocational rehabilitation benefits—Employees may receive access to vocational rehab services that can help them learn new skills and reenter the workforce after an injury.
- Death/dependent benefits—If an employee loses their life because of a work-related injury or illness, workers’ compensation may help cover funeral costs and lost income. These benefits are typically provided to the spouse or dependents of the deceased. Employees generally waive their right to file a lawsuit against their employer by accepting workers’ compensation benefits. Worker’s compensation laws vary by state, which may impact the limits and duration of benefits and the type of employers required to have it. Reach out to an agent to discuss specific requirements for your business.
Is Workers’ Compensation Expensive?
The cost of workers’ compensation depends on various factors, including:
- The type of work performed
- Your payroll
- Claims history
How to Get Workers’ Compensation
At Robinson Bryant Agency, we’re ready to help you secure workers’ compensation coverage for your business. Contact us today for more information or a quote.